In Sanskrit, ‘Kati’ means ‘lower back region’ and Basti means ‘storage section’. Kati Basti a non-invasive and relatively safe Ayurvedic therapy for lower back pain and lumbosacral illnesses such as slip disc, lumbar spondylosis, sciatica, spinal difficulties, etc.
The procedure is said to provide immediate relief from backache. You may not require any oral medications after completing a 7 to 21-day course. It is a full-body treatment for back pain and lumbosacral diseases.
Guidelines of Kati Basti
- Warm oil is utilized in the therapy to lubricate the area and relax the muscles. It pacifies pain and stiffness.
- Kati Basti is also considered effective with Kapha dosha. Patients may have stiffness along with very dull pain and heaviness. It is an indication of engagement. Sesame oil serves as the foundation for all of the oils utilized in Kati Basti as it has Vata and Kapha calming qualities. Hence, the procedure heals back pain, tightness and stuffiness.
Benefits of Kati Basti
- An economical treatment option for chronic back pain.
- It aids in both mental and physical relaxation.
- It helps to ease weariness in the back fatigue.
- The therapy aids repair and recovery of spinal issues.
- The use of warm oil enhances blood flow to the damaged area, which stimulates the natural healing process of the body.
- Nourishes and strengthen the spinal nerves and back muscles.
- Improves the health and flexibility of your spine.
- Improves the spine vertebrae mobility.
- It alleviates inflammation, edema, and soreness in the affected area.
*Please note: The information on this website is solely for educational purposes and should not be used as a substitute for medical advice. We do not claim to diagnose, treat or cure any diseases. Kindly consult an Ayurvedic expert or licensed health practitioner before following any remedies suggested here.
To book an appointment with our Ayurveda expert click here.