Fresh Strawberry Spinach Salad with balsamic Vinaigrette is one of my all-time favorite salads. Not only is this salad healthy, but it’s also absolutely delicious and easy to make.
I have made this salad few times and its always a big hit in our house. The combination of the fresh baby spinach, crunchy toasted walnuts combined with the sweet strawberries and the creamy feta is something else. And of course, the sweet pomegranate seeds give a vibrant color to the salad.
Trust me, the flavor of the balsamic poppy seeds dressing along with the sweetness of pomegranate is too good.
Ingredients for Salad
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup strawberry sliced
- 1/2 cup red onions sliced thin
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- Salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup toasted walnuts
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
Ingredients for Balsamic Poppy Seed Dressing
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup honey or brown sugar
- 1/3 cup poppy seeds
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard (optional)
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
Ingredients for Toasted Walnuts
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1tbsp brown sugar or honey
Directions for Balsamic Poppy Seed Dressing
- Add olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, Dijon mustard, garlic and poppy seeds in a bowl.
- Season it with salt and pepper and whisk it well.
- Set aside.
Directions for Toasted Walnuts
- Heat butter in a pan.
- Add walnuts and Sauté́ in low heat.
- Add brown sugar or honey and cook stirring constantly until sugar starts to melt and caramelize, about 2 - 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate to cool.
- Place the spinach in a big salad bowl.
- Slice the strawberries.
- Slice the red onions.
- Toss together spinach, sliced strawberries and sliced red onions.
- Drizzle the balsamic poppy seed dressing over the salad.
- Top the salad with feta cheese and toasted walnuts.