Guacamole is a creamy avocado dip which is made of avocados, lime, and other fresh ingredients and is very popular in Mexican cuisine. Ripe avocados are essential for the best guacamole and is traditionally made by mashing avocadoes along with a “Mortar and Pestle”.
Guacamole is always a favorite in our house. Give me a big bowl of guacamole and some crispy, crunchy tortilla chips, and I’ll call it dinner.
I personally don’t like the green goopy looking paste from the store. Guacamole tastes so much better when you make it at home. you can literally make it in 10 minutes.
It’s creamy, delicious and good for you!
So, Make the real thing, you won’t regret it!
- 3 Avocados peeled and scooped
- ¼ cup Onions finely chopped
- ¼ cup tomatoes finely chopped
- ¼ cup Cilantro finely chopped
- 2 tbsps. Jalapeño finely chopped
- 1 Lime squeezed
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
Ingredients for Garnishing
- Pomegranate seeds
- Chop the onions finely
- Chop the tomatoes finely
- Chop the jalapeno finely
- Chop the cilantro finely.
- Peel the Avocadoes and scoop it into a bowl.
- Add all the chopped ingredients and mix it all up.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Squeeze lemon juice.
- Garnish with cilantro and pomegranate seeds.
- Serve it as a dip along with a bowl of Tortillas or serve it with Tacos or quesadillas.
- The texture of this guacamole is on the chunky side as I don’t like it too smooth and goopy. I also tend to add extra jalapeños to make it more flavorful and spicier.