Cauliflower florets are simmered in a coconut and cashew base gravy along with rich spices and flavors, served over a bed of wild rice medley.
Quick to make and such a comfort and wholesome meal! 🌱🌱🌱 Definitely worth a try.
Ingredients for Cauliflower and Peas in Coconut Cream Gravy
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 medium size sweet onion grated
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 2 long green chilies chopped fine
- 4 cups of cauliflower florets
- 1 medium potato diced and boiled
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 tbsp cumin powder (jeera)
- 1 tbsp coriander powder (Dhania)
- 1 tbsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1/2 to cinnamon powder
- 1 tbsp chopped lemon rind
- 1 can organic coconut milk
- 1 cup cashew milk
- Few leaves of cilantro chopped
- Salt to taste
Ingredients for Wild Rice Medley
- 1 cup Wild Rice Medley
- 3 cups water
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
Directions for Cauliflower and Peas in Creamy Coconut Gravy
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add finely chopped onions, grated ginger, crushed garlic, Chopped green chilies and sauté́ for a few minutes.
- Now add the cauliflower florets and 2 cups of water.
- Cover it and cook till the cauliflower is done.
- Now add the cooked diced potatoes and frozen peas.
- Add coconut milk and cashew milk.
- Add cumin powder, coriander powder, crushed red pepper, black pepper and cinnamon powder.
- Add chopped lemon rind and salt to taste.
- If the gravy is thick, add one more cup of water.
- Cook for a few more minutes till you get a nice aroma.
- Garnish the curry with chopped cilantro.
- Serve hot with brown rice medley.
Directions for Wild Rice Medley
- In an instant pot, add 1 cup wild rice medley, 3 cups water, 1 tbsp olive oil and salt to taste.
- Cook for 8 minutes.
- Once the rice is done, add salt, 1 tbsp of olive oil and chopped cilantro.
- Fluff the rice with a fork and serve hot with the cauliflower cream curry.